Group: Developer
Awards: 3
Okay I'm going to cut right to the chase here:

Eclipse sucks.
It has a crappy UI
Terrible Combat and animation... and controls
And overall.. scrappy code.

My Suggestion:
Start from scratch. Between me and abhi, I'm sure we can make a game relatively quickly.

Heck, EverEmber Could even consider a partnership with Iron Genesis.

Click this for my website.

AbhijeetviswaDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 4:38 PM | Message # 2
Visual Basics Coder
Awards: 1
I don't know anything about DD7. That is the problem. Even though It can be ripped from EO.

Pm me if you want help

MysticDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 5:31 PM | Message # 3
The Dragon
Group: Moderators
Seems legit.

KajamazDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 5:45 PM | Message # 4
Imperial Wizard
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
That would take alot of work, were going to stick to eclipse for now, i saw other engines like extreme worlds, and eclipse seems to be the most worked on and modifyable, just wait. This is only alpha.

The Proud Creator of EverEmber Online and proud member of the EverEmber Community.

DaveidduhaDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 1:35 AM | Message # 5
Group: Veteran
Quote (Kajamaz)
extreme worlds

Lol i heard alot about How Extreme Worlds Lags so much and is unstable not to mention their whole Staff left their Forums and ect...

XbatzDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 3:41 AM | Message # 6
Extreme Member
I would say use CS:DE if you really want a new engine, even though it was made with EO by Robin.

If you're happy with one of my post don't forget to 1+ rep me :D

GunnerWolfDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 5:09 AM | Message # 7
Mega Member
I get the feelin that everyone apart from abhi read the first few lines of my post then replied, I didn't say w should find a different engine, I said we should make our own. There no point staying with eclipse during alpha because during alpha we have been making a lot of content, that wouldn't transfer without extreme difficulty to a new different engine

Also abhi, what do you mean DD7? Isn't that linked withDX7? If so I strongly reccomend we change to DX8 or 9 instead

XbatzDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 5:26 AM | Message # 8
Extreme Member
Quote (GunnerWolf)
Start from scratch. Between me and abhi, I'm sure we can make a game relatively quickly.

Quote (GunnerWolf)
I get the feelin that everyone apart from abhi read the first few lines of my post then replied, I didn't say w should find a different engine, I said we should make our own. There no point staying with eclipse during alpha because during alpha we have been making a lot of content, that wouldn't transfer without extreme difficulty to a new different engine

I just read that...I feel stupid lol, I think that would be nice, but would also be difficult to program.

KajamazDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 5:56 AM | Message # 9
Imperial Wizard
Well, good luck making your own engine biggrin

The Proud Creator of EverEmber Online and proud member of the EverEmber Community.

GunnerWolfDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 6:07 AM | Message # 10
Mega Member
I thought bats had great eye sight. D'oh xD
The but I know plenty of java, abhi knows vb6 and maybeh some other stuff, I mean honestly, if we stick with eclipse, 90% of our players will be from the eclipse forums, and less than 10% of the eclipse forums will be playing, so we'd have 100 if we're really lucky. A game made with eclipse would not be worth advertising where as, a game we have made ourselves would be more unique and overall better. However, if we do this, there would be one condition to me being on the team, and that is that ever embed team either merges with or becomes a partner of iron genesis

XbatzDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 7:07 AM | Message # 11
Extreme Member
I am from the eclipse forums but my knowledge of vb6 is about t a 1%, I'm learning c# and I would say my knowledge in c# would be about 25% plus I have been wanting to get into game designing...Don't know what i'm trying to say lol uhm Maybe I could help out.

AbhijeetviswaDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 4:00 PM | Message # 12
Visual Basics Coder
Quote (Xbatz)
Also abhi, what do you mean DD7? Isn't that linked withDX7? If so I strongly reccomend we change to DX8 or 9 instead

DD7 = DirectDraw7
Their is only one engine that currently supports DX8. that would be CS. But it is bugged like shit.

TBH I don't actually know the entire VB language let alone Vb6.
I know how the client works and stuff until the DD7 part. I have never learned rendering in my entire life I actually learned vb6 by just checking out the tutorials. I never had any programming concept, like basic statements.

Pm me if you want help

MysticDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 5:24 PM | Message # 13
The Dragon
*Facepalm*

I've got nothing. The only thing I'd be any good for would be mapping. I'm better at 3D maps rather than 2D, but I could give it a shot. biggrin

KajamazDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 5:24 PM | Message # 14
Imperial Wizard
Guys trust me, abhi's editing and adding to the eclipse engine as fast as he can, the engine is stable and there are tons of fixes and additions to it constantly. I Know how to get players off sites other than touch of death, trust me, but it will be during final release, alpha and beta is for a few players, but final release we might have over 300 people on the server at a time, and i know how to do that. Trust me guys.

AbhijeetviswaDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 6:10 PM | Message # 15
Visual Basics Coder
We have hope in you.

Pm me if you want help

Forum » Important » Suggestions » New Engine
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: