Forum » Important » Suggestions » New Engine
New Engine
KajamazDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 6:16 PM | Message # 16
Imperial Wizard
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
Quote (Abhijeetviswa)
We have hope in you.

Thanks abhi, but can you make a topic in announcements called "Countdown to Beta"
Put up in % how much of the stuff you have added in so far, when you reach 100%, that means we are 50% to beta, then i add in the rest of the game, and we reach 100%, then it gets RELEASE! And everyone will play beta.

The Proud Creator of EverEmber Online and proud member of the EverEmber Community.

AbhijeetviswaDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 7:44 PM | Message # 17
Visual Basics Coder
Group: Developer
Awards: 1
Sure. Let me do a few more. BTW I can't post in announcement thread.

Pm me if you want help

KajamazDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 10:27 PM | Message # 18
Imperial Wizard
Group: Administrators
:0, i will fix that in a sec!
CORRECTION, FIXED! You can now post abhi!

The Proud Creator of EverEmber Online and proud member of the EverEmber Community.

Message edited by Kajamaz - Friday, 2012-07-06, 10:28 PM

XbatzDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 11:30 PM | Message # 19
Extreme Member
Group: Moderators
W00T

If you're happy with one of my post don't forget to 1+ rep me :D

DominoDate: Saturday, 2012-07-07, 0:30 AM | Message # 20
Novice Member
Hehe, I trust to Kajamaz. smile

AbhijeetviswaDate: Saturday, 2012-07-07, 3:21 PM | Message # 21
Visual Basics Coder
Okay thanks.

Pm me if you want help

KenuraDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 11:17 AM | Message # 22
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I know I am new here. But I would agree with make you're own engine.

But I would suggest coding it with c++, possibly use Allegro (Heard it a good gaming library system that helps with the scripts and what not)

But java being rolled out soon and java has so many limitation is doesn't seem worth making a good MMO.

But this comming fall I am starting college and going into game programming (Cause there computer programming class from what I heard is just click the folder twice to open, and how can I be a programmer when I am slightly knowledgeable about junk like that already. Shit I already made a few quick platformers with VB5)

Anywho, when I start those classes I might be able to help out with making an engine, depends if we touch on c++ or not in the first semester. But I can simple watch a few videos and with abit of help from more experience programmers we can probably self teach ourselves.

But it is just a thought.

Thought the key thing is if we do make our own engine we would ahve to create out own sprites, tilesets, music, etc. etc.

Though I do have a music guy for my videos who can help, but the other stuff, I don't know any pixel artist. So that's a bummer.

AbhijeetviswaDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 3:18 PM | Message # 23
Visual Basics Coder
Making a new engine already will take to much time. Not to say that we have beta coming up. All I can say is it will happen after Full Release. We can switch to another engine. The event system which is using DX8 is a very good choice. But it is bugged.

Pm me if you want help

XbatzDate: Monday, 2012-07-09, 8:40 PM | Message # 24
Extreme Member
I agree with abhi, making a new engine from nothing as soon as the beta will released would be time consuming. It would be a wise choice to work on the a new engine on the side when the beta is released and compare it to Eclipse during the making. Ever need a c# coder i'm here.

If you're happy with one of my post don't forget to 1+ rep me :D

KenuraDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-10, 0:24 AM | Message # 25
Group: Users
Awards: 0
On the side was what I was meaning. I wasn't saying stop using eclipse, you guys can use eclipse to see how you want to set up the game, the content. And someone on the side can work on an engine on their free time.

I like the eclipse engine, and since it is done with visual basic you can edit the source code and turn it to what ever you want. from chaning the UI to the enging itself.

You can even make it do diffrent animations for diffrent actions and scripts. But that is alot of work and visual basic is alot of trial and error.

Forum » Important » Suggestions » New Engine
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: