[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Misc. » Off-Topic » Need urgent advice
Need urgent advice
GunnerWolfDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-04, 8:43 PM | Message # 1
Mega Member
Group: Developer
Awards: 3
okay, I live in a 3 bedroom house with just me and my dad, the smallest room, which used to be his room and is now the spare room, is constantly locked, there is a sound like a fan or a computer coming from it, and sometimes an orange glow can be seen around the door. I've always been a bit suspicious about this room, but whenever my dad has left me in the house for an extended period of time, I've never been able to find the key... until today.
I went into the room, and my suspicions were confirmed. It's a cannabis farm.. he also has some saplings growing in his bedroom... I'm really worried and don't know what I should do. The window to the small room is covered and sealed tightly with reflective sheeting, and there are 2 pipes leading out, one into a small vent in the wall, the other leading to the window.. both have pumps attached..

A bit more context, in April 2010, my dad started having seizures, he's been to hospital twice for it, had 3 brain scans, and the doctors have no idea what's causing them. Nothing particularly seems to trigger them, they just happen at random, mostly in his sleep recently. I think the two things are linked.

What should I do!?

Click this for my website.

KajamazDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 2:44 AM | Message # 2
Imperial Wizard
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
Ok, im not an expert but i know my stuff about some drugs, its weird that you never knew about that... here is how i would suggest facing it, i know your in fear, but confront him about it, ask him what is it, if its canabas, and what he is useing it for, usually you can tell if he's smoking it from a burnt rubbery smell that you might have smelt before. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the chemical in pot that is what causes the high has been shown to both provoke and suppress seizures. He might be mixing medicines with pot and that may cause his seizuers. I dont think it might be causeing the seizures because the doctors usually test uerin or blood when they do those tests and would have found the chemical in his blood. It is possible though. Remember, confront him about it, ask him a few questons, what he uses it for, how often, and if he uses it often, tell him to get help at the drug rehab places, do it for the life of your dad, as his symptoms may get worse.
Hope i helped you the best i can...
Good luck
P.S. I dont do drugs, i just research medicine on my spare times.
Also, are you sure its canabas? Have you smelt it? Does it smell like rubber and have weird seed things that are big growing off it, it could just be ferns...
Also look up pictures of medical marujanna and regular marujanna, see which one he has.

The Proud Creator of EverEmber Online and proud member of the EverEmber Community.

GunnerWolfDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 3:01 AM | Message # 3
Mega Member
Group: Developer
I know it's cannabis because of an educational program we took at school to recognise the smell of burning cannabis, and growing cannabis. I also know he smokes it, at least half of the cigarettes he smokes are cannabis. Furthermore, I know there is far too much there for personal use only as there are 6 to 7 plants in there and another 15 to 20 saplings growing in the other room.
I looked up the 2 types of cannabis and I'm not sure which it is, especially as the main plants are discolored due to being infested with spider mites (Googled that after seeing webs with yellow spots between leaves)
here are some pictures of the setup of the room, the plants, and the saplings in the other room:
Pictures

Click this for my website.

KajamazDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 5:11 PM | Message # 4
Imperial Wizard
Group: Administrators
Awards: 2
My suggestion is simple, confront him, dont mention the cannabas, just say, Hey dad, whats in that room? If he gets weird and says nothing or lies, say that you know whats in the room. Ask him how often he uses and what he uses it for, who knows, maybe he has a medical condition and uses medical marujuanna, confront him about it and tell us the result, try to help him in any way possible.

The Proud Creator of EverEmber Online and proud member of the EverEmber Community.

MysticDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 5:49 PM | Message # 5
The Dragon
Group: Moderators
I would say call the Police, but then again, that's your Dad!
Um, take those pictures down. You may possibly get in trouble too.

I've never had experience with these kind of situations so I wouldn't be of much help. Maybe ask your Dad, "What's in that room?". I don't know.

I have no idea what kind of relationship you have with your Dad. I wouldn't know how he acts or how he would REACT to the questioning. Maybe it's his only source of income? (If he sells it) I wouldn't know.

Is Marijuana (as in medical marijuana) even legal where you live? Just watch him closely. I know you wouldn't even bring this up if you didn't love him. Maybe call his brother/sister (if any) or even your Grandparents. Tell them about the situation secretly at first and ask them for help or advice.

Hope I helped in some way!

Forum » Misc. » Off-Topic » Need urgent advice
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: